When it comes to choosing the suitable flooring for your commercial or retail space, you’ll find countless options out there. But since these areas receive higher than normal foot traffic, choices reduce to those that are durable and can withstand continuous use. Let’s also not forget that these spaces need to help build your business’ reputation. Therefore, the flooring should look great and represent your brand.
All these conditions point to polished concrete. This type of flooring touts numerous advantages. Aside from being durable, it is also cost-effective and has some benefits. You cannot say the same with the other options you may have.
Whether you need new flooring for your warehouse, retail store, or commercial property, we recommend you opt for polished concrete. Here are the top reasons why:
- Polished Concrete is DurableMore than likely, your business or retail space receives a high amount of foot traffic on almost a daily basis. Therefore, you will agree that the floors should be durable to survive the influx of customers and visitors.For several decades now, concrete has always been known for its sturdiness. In fact, it is considered one of the most durable materials in the world. It is why polished concrete is the flooring type to go for. The durability of concrete adds to the strength of polished concrete. It also helps keep the floors looking new. Since the floors can withstand even a steady flow of foot traffic, you do not have to replace them often.
- It’s a Cost-Effective OptionThe durability of concrete lends a hand to the cost-effectiveness of the material. Polished concrete does not require you to install replacements every few years. With proper maintenance, the polished concrete floors can outlive any other building material you have.It isn’t easy to find a flooring option that provides the same longevity as polished concrete. Plus, it does not just offer long-term benefits. The upfront costs are also much lower compared to other options in the marketplace. Also, the installation does not take a lot of time, which means more affordable service costs.The material is known for helping property owners save on electricity, heating, and cooling bills. It is why concrete is used to improve energy efficiency in large buildings. The reason behind it is its high thermal mass, which optimises the benefits of solar gain. In other words, it reduces the need for heating.
- Polished Concrete Floors are HealthyA significant benefit of polished concrete is that it is much healthier than other flooring materials out there. Carpets, for instance, are not a good option for people with allergies. You never know if a customer who enters your retail store has asthma. Polished concrete floors do not hold dust, dirt, and other allergens, which easily get trapped in carpet fibres.A hypoallergenic workspace can make your employees work better. It boosts their productivity and lessens their sick days. Also, who does not want to work in a place with beautiful flooring? Compared to a gloomy retail store, yours will surely motivate your staff to greet customers with a smile on their faces.
- There’s No Need to Spend a Lot of Time CleaningAnother reason why commercial and retail spaces choose polished concrete is that it is easy to clean. Your clients can come in and out in a short span of time. It is more than essential to maintain the cleanliness of the workplace environment at all times. You cannot achieve this goal if you have wood floors, for example. Spills can be challenging to wipe when you choose other types of flooring materials.On the other hand, using polished concrete makes cleaning such a breeze. The floors are immaculately polished and look brand new even with little maintenance. Most of the time, all you need to do is to go over the spots and use a dry dust mop. It will keep dirt and dust particles off the surface.If you are dealing with contaminants, you can simply use a wet mop soaked with a mild cleaner. When you are done with this process, dip the mop in clean water, which will remove the cleaner and rinse the surface. You may also want to put a slippery floor sign if you will start accepting customers in your store. Another option is to wipe the surface off with a dry mop to speed up the process.
When you run a business, the last thing you want is a floor that has severe cleaning demands. As you can see, polished concrete floors have pretty straightforward cleaning requirements. You do not even have to use harsh chemicals, which also contributes to this flooring type as a healthy option.
- Using Polished Floor is Good for the EnvironmentThis flooring option, as expressed above, does not need harsh chemicals for cleaning. Therefore, you do not have to worry about its effects on the environment.Additionally, polished concrete – or concrete itself – is seen as a sustainable building material. It can last for several years or even decades when cared for properly. Since you do not have to replace your concrete flooring, unlike other materials, the impact on the environment is greatly reduced.Polished concrete is also believed to be an eco-friendly material for buildings and surfacing. One reason is that it does not utilise strong chemicals for stripping and sealing. It reaches its final, beautiful form without using harmful substances, which can harm the environment and the planet, as well.
- Eco-Friendly is Good for Your BusinessThese days, switching to sustainable materials is a respectable route for businesses. If you do not know where to start, here’s a hint for you: install polished concrete floors for your retail or commercial space. Choosing sustainable materials shows your compassion and care for the environment.When you use polished concrete, you can align your company with a noble cause, which frames your business in a positive light. Here are quick explanations on why polished concrete is the green option for you:
- It uses materials that are abundant on Earth, such as aggregates, water, and most especially cement.
- Concrete is locally produced, which lowers emissions and energy required for transporting the material, for instance.
- Its thermal mass makes it energy efficient because of its ability to retain and absorb heat.
- There’s minimal waste involved when mixing concrete for a project.
Of course, it should not just be a PR move. While you are at it, look for other methods to contribute to the benefit of the environment, such as recycling and reusing applicable items.
- Polished Concrete is Aesthetically PleasingAs a business, one of your biggest concerns is the appearance of your commercial space. You want it to look professional, clean, and attractive, all at the same time. If you view sample pictures of polished concrete, you will agree that it epitomises exactly how high-end stores should look.Clients and customers come and go. One thing is for sure; they will remember when the floor is dirty and has cracks. These flaws do not help with the reputation and image of your business. However, polished concrete can add a decorative touch to your commercial or retail space. Even better, it is now possible to choose from a variety of finish and style options. You can take this opportunity to showcase your creativity with the colours and even your business logo.Retail spaces are usually illuminated to increase the appeal of the items in the eyes of the buyers. You can amplify this effect with polished concrete flooring, which is a highly reflective surface. If there are areas with low or natural lighting, polished concrete will provide a solution for you. It reduces your store’s reliance on lights, which also helps with your electric bills.
We have finished walking you through the benefits of using polished concrete in a retail or commercial setting above. These benefits, however, only begin to scratch the surface. When you use polished concrete floors for your space, it sends a particular message. It represents a forward-thinking business and one that is design-conscious as well.